Where to Report/Get Help

Need Help? Information about what to do if a child comes to you for help and advice about how to report online concerns such as cyberbullying, inappropriate content or illegal behaviour. www.saferinternet.org.uk/need-help



Child Exploitation and Online Protection: A police agency tackling child abuse on the internet. This website includes a unique facility that enables parents and young people to make reports of actual or attempted abuse online. www.ceop.police.uk CEOP’s Think U Know website contains information for children and parents, as well as a link for children to report abuse online. www.thinkuknow.co.uk



Internet Watch Foundation: Part of the UK Safer Internet Centre, the IWF is the UK’s hotline for reporting illegal content found on the internet. It deals specifically with child abuse and criminally obscene images hosted in the UK and internationally. www.iwf.org.uk

NSPCC: If you have concerns about the safety of a child then contact the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Children can talk to someone for advice and support at any time by contacting ChildLine on 0800 1111 or chatting to a counsellor online at www.childline.org.uk

Family Lives: A national family support charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life. Useful advice and information is available online at www.familylives.org.uk and they provide a free confidential helpline on 0808 800 2222.

True Vision: Online content which incites hatred on the grounds of race, religion and sexual orientation can be reported to True Vision; a UK website set up to tackle all forms of hate crime, including those on the grounds of disability and transgender identity. www.report-it.org.uk


This list has been created for Safer Internet Day 2016 which is coordinated by the UK Safer Internet Centre